Rapid Response | Data, education and outreach, and strategic partnerships
- Provide timely access to disaggregated racial and ethnic data on COVID-19 impact.
- Communicate to all full-scope and restricted-scope Medi-Cal and Covered California beneficiaries clear instructions on how to access COVID-19 testing and treatment services; and guidance for accessing non-COVID 19 health care and social services.
- Leverage strategic partnerships such as hiring and contracting promotores/community health workers and engaging trusted Latinx-serving community-based organizations (CBOs).
- Prevent the spread of COVID-19 in prisons and Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention centers, especially end the inhumane sanitation practices.
Resources | Direct service provision of COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 needs
- Prioritize the expansion of Medi-Cal coverage to all adults and Seniors to ensure Health4All and maintain benefits.
- Address the short and long-term needs of community health centers (CHCs) and a linguistically and culturally diverse health workforce.
- Accelerate the use of Telehealth services across all health care and public benefits.
- Engage inter-agency coordination to ensure clear communication around access for public benefits such as food security (CalFresh/CFAP, WIC), economic support (CalWORKS, EDD unemployment insurance), and housing assistance (Section 8).
Recovery & Resilience | Financial sustainability, capacity building, and cross-sector partnerships
- Develop a long-term financial sustainability plan that is inclusive of Latinx immigrant communities beyond COVID-19.
- Increase statewide coordination through cross-sector partnerships to address the social determinants of health and achieve long-term COVID-19 recovery & resilience.